Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This week on UnBeige... Damien Hirst!

UnBeige is reporting that beginning on April 25, Kiev, Ukraine's PinchukArtCentre will be hosting "Requiem," an exhibition of about 100 works by the artist Damien Hirst. I was introduced to Damien's work during my art class two years ago as my professor showed a photo of his diamond incrusted human skull entitled "For the Love of God." Another cool piece of his, one that will be on display in Kiev, is "Death Explained," a dissected shark suspended in formaldehyde. As a designer, I am inspired by Hirst because he always seems to be testing the limits of what is acceptable in the art industry. His works are new, innovative and exciting. That's what I want my designs to be, while also contributing to the journalism first and foremost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment