Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Critique: Week 10













This week has been very busy for me in terms of all of my classes. My latest round of testing has come and gone, and now I have more time to work on my design stuff. I don't have much to show today other than my CountryHome.com redesigns for the Meredith Corp. project. My covers will be added tomorrow after I get a chance to sit down and work on them. 

Anyways, the redesigns are a result of the meeting I had last week with the publishers. It's been a struggle to learn Dreamweaver and it's intricacies, but I feel I will be way more knowledgeable about the subject of web design after this project is over in less than one month. I based my redesigns off of NYTimes.com, which has a very structured Web site in terms of design for both departments as well as features. 

On deck:
1) Working on the CountryHome.com pages with the art director as well as the publishers
2) My covers for the 4.23 issue of VOX, otherwise known as the Criminal Justice Issue
3) Design the front-of-book department, Short Talk, in VOX this weekend, including a multimedia piece (which should help with my jitters about Flash).
4) Work on my website and mini-portfolio assignments if time allows. 

Whew, another busy week! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment