Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Response to class and such

Boy has it been an interesting semester so far. I have been fortunate to get my hands into a lot of things over the last couple of weeks and months, and have been given the opportunity to work with some pretty amazing people. I believe some of the most interesting work I have gotten to do was the Global Journalist design and the trends assignment. I really liked the Global Journalist because it is an international news magazine focusing on international journalism, and the topics, especially my article on photoshopping, was really interesting. I knew that Global Journalist was on campus as I was here over the last couple of years, but I never really paid too much attention to it until now. And I wish I had. I think it's the political science minor in me that attracts me to this type of publication. 

I also liked the trends assignment because it was interesting to see how different individuals within the industry had vastly different looks on the future of the journalism industry. While some urged us to stay in school, others didn't talk about grad school but rather wished us luck on finding jobs. Overall it was a grim outlook, but interesting to learn about, nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment