Tuesday, February 3, 2009

You can't miss... Wordle!


Continuing on the theme of typography from our lecture today, I would like to introduce everyone to a Web site I love for creating typography designs. It's called Wordle. Above, I created "Border War" in anticipation of Monday's men's basketball game between Missouri and Kansas. It's really simple to create. In only a couple minutes you can design and save your own creation in PDF form. However, I just like to have this program inspire my work, not do it for me. I would rather be in creative control of the designs I make, and not let an Internet program come up with a random design for me. I'm interested, though, in how others feel about this. I mean would InDesign or Illustrator fall under this category? Or am I thinking too much into this?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Eric,

    I enjoyed your typographical treatment for this story. The different axes that you put your type on invoke the sense of game time battle. Also, the font you used is very interesting. I really enjoy the lowercase t. What is it? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting! Isn't it great what you can do with simply typographY? It's very simple, but definitely gets a point across. I didn't even know the game was coming up until I saw this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting thing to share. Isn't it amazing the amount of crazy things you can find on the web? I really enjoyed this. It has intensity, yet in there is still a little playfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wordle is an excellent tool. I think it's a good jumping point for type-heavy spreads, and it also does a great job with color.

    ReplyDelete