Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You can't miss... Design with Reason by Ron Reason

Ron Reason is a Chicago-based newspaper designer, educator, consultant and Poynter visiting faculty member. I stumbled upon his blog through Charles Apple's blog, which I visit frequently. Reason explains that Design with Reason, "relays observations about the about the clients who fascinate and challenge me, the places I visit, the people I meet, and the things I see along the way." 

One of his observations caught my eye today. Yesterday (March 17) was the last day for the print edition of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. The Seattle P-I printed from 1863-2009 and now only survives in an online format, found here. If all the talk about the journalism industry going completely to an online format hasn't hit home yet for you, this may do it - when a 146-year-old newspaper goes completely digital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment