Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Critique Week #8

























This week's amount of work was relatively lighter than I've had over the past couple of weeks, but I know it will pick back up after spring break. 

I'll start with my redesigned cover for the caffeine issue. I wasn't completely happy with how this turned out. Going off the suggestions from the previous week's critiques in lab, I decided to play around with the "Caution" cover by putting those words on a coffee cup. I did just that, but now that I look back at it I wish I had changed the wording of the headline, because I don't think it exactly fits a coffee cup. However, it may have worked if I had put this particular headline on an energy drink. I think I was struggling since the word "caffeine" covers such a broad topic. 

But moving on, I will take this moment to show my redesigned logos for the "Eat for Life" program as part of our 20/10 class assignment. I picked the top three logos with the most votes and then another that I felt would work if I just redesigned it a bit. The biggest changes were adding different colors and slightly tweaking the illustrations. I'm happy with how it turned out.

On deck for spring break:
1) Starting to put together my mini-portfolio
2) Working on the CountryHome.com prototype Web site 

1 comment:

  1. As much as you said you didn't like that first logo idea of the man walking up the food pyramid, I thought it was good. I think it encompassed the idea of the entire program.

    ReplyDelete