Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You can't miss... an interesting ad campaign

A post on Alan Formby-Jackson's blog on Visual Editors caught my eye today. He posted the ad campaign that London's Evening Standard just launched in an effort to apologize to its readers for being "complacent, negative, predictable, for losing touch and for taking readers for granted." It caught my eye because of its interesting use of typography. Laurence Green, chairman of the ad agency Fallon, commented that the move is a "massive role of the dice," because "The first rule of advertising is to get noticed and I think this campaign will." I agree with Green that it will be noticed, but I'm not sure the bold way they did it was exactly a right choice. It seems to me that information like that should be discussed with readers through a letter, not an ad campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment